Friday, July 09, 2004

Deranged acts of love

I found this depressing article on CNN this morning.

A man named Bernard Heginbotham was aquitted for slitting the throat of his wife with a 12- month community rehab.

Aldous Huxley once said "What we love will kill us". A man was free to go because of his attempt at suicide (after the murder. The judge concluded that

"it was an act of desperation carried out in an effort to end her suffering while you were under intolerable pressure."

This made me sit up and wonder how I would've reacted if my husband of 67 years smothered me with a pillow with the intention of releasing me from further pain and discomfort. And would I thank him for this act of "kindness"? Or would I be disappointed in him for not fighting this battle with me?

Something to think about...


bee wrote this at 10:11 AM

0peekaboos

0peekaboos

Post a Comment