Sunday, July 11, 2004

Do you play 5 10?


long time friend celine who holds the record of my embarrassing chapters Posted by Hello
Date: Friday 8 July

Time: Elevenish

Scene of unfortunate event: Wine Bar

Scenario:
Bartender approaches Celine and me with lychee martinis.

"Sorry it's not ours, we've had enough for the night..." Belynda to bartender.

"This is from the guy lar."(points to a huge ah beng at a table next to us) - btw, can't remember his name. Next to me, I can hear Dean sniggering.

"Er, ok, thanks..." (celine and me to ah beng) Us girls then conveniently continued with our conversation with ah beng hovering behind.

15 min later after an uncomfortable "pretense", celine and i decided to DOWN the martini and thank ah beng again.

"Do you play 5 10?" (ah bengs asks me in a desperate attempt at conversation)

"i don't PLAY 5 10." (i wanted to roll my eyes, celine almost laughed)

"No lar, don't need you to drink, how about scissors, paper, stone. That one you know right?" (ah beng is indeed teetering on my already pissy mode)

"i do not play any games at any clubs AT ALL." (turned back to celine and rolled my eyes big time)

2 secs later Celine and I are on our way out. At the same time, i'm trying to convince Celine that this has NOT happened before.

30sec later. Celine and me ended up at Copthorne's lounge bar listening to some awful off-pitched female filipino singer (what a surprise they're usually really good) amidst old ang mors and indian men.

*sigh* just another episode for Celine to document under the files of "Hsin Yen's loser situation 1990-till date".

bee wrote this at 7:48 PM

0peekaboos

0peekaboos

Post a Comment