Thursday, July 08, 2004

The Lost Life GD93

11 August 2001, 7.40am. The lost life GD93.

Lost my handphone last night. I never knew what it was like to depend on this little lifeline of technology that has grown so crucial in my life. For the first time in a long while have I felt this lost. I have not a clue as to how to deal with not being in contact with the world for the lost hours of last night until I get a new phone later.

I hate this dependency. On technology, on man, on whatever. It makes me feel like I’ve have lost a part of me. Like a man, a friend, a lover. He is the link in my life. He brings me to others and others to me. Losing him is just like losing my life. I miss my mobile, my cellular, my handphone, my life.

Technology sucks you in so deep you would not know what to do when it leaves you at a time it deems fit. My handphone thought so last night. Just when I thought of changing it to a much smaller and compact one, it seems to have understood my sentiments and silently left me.

He did not even say goodbye. I had so much love in him even if he was barely a year old. He took some time getting used to and now that I have lost him do I feel this sudden sadness and melancholy. I missed his cranky sms system, his lovely carousel music, his lightness. I only wish he found himself a better owner and that he or she would love him more than I did.

bee wrote this at 12:01 AM

2peekaboos

2peekaboos

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wapiang eh.

I don't know which is more scare-lee.

You marrying your mobile phone.

Or

You proposing to something that's obviously lost and gone liao.

*shudder*

>_<

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger bee said...

ahyah. TSKs/ clucks loudly.

 

Post a Comment