Thursday, September 09, 2004

achilles' heel

you know what the Grand master always tell his disciples in any gong fu film?

"One must always find your enemy's weakness (no matter how small) and use it to your advantage."

we are after all only human. and each individual has his/her own vulnerable spot. Some are neurotics, some are psychos, some are boring and to some extent some are almost perfect.

as for me, i'm like a daria. i've always viewed myself as an aloof character, at times lacking the cheery moral fiber of every young adult. this pessimism has made me an unapproachable naysayer in the eyes of many who don't know me well. i can smile and laugh 24/7 at work but if you knew me well enough, the laugh may be faked and the smile hooded. i try my best to be friendly and positive but at times the day's just so bad i could very well kick myself and burst into tears in bed.

it feels good to cry. that's something i realised only recently. all the pent up frustrations just seem to lessened its load the morning after. it's disheartening to see myself no longer as the woman with great spirits. or perhaps i've simply grown up and out of my little shell.

mayhaps a recharge in perth would be good. cottlesloe has a way of making me smile despite the heat in summer. till then, march on bee...march on

bee wrote this at 8:55 AM

0peekaboos

0peekaboos

Post a Comment