Monday, September 27, 2004

old buds- part 3


buds

it's long due that i'm posting pics of my old buddies. introducing my "ta poh" drinking mates ivan and desmond. or hairy and des for short. [i swear ivan's gonna kill me for mentioning this but really, anyone who knows him will know bout the "hairy" story.]

it's weird how ivan and i've never noticed each other at murdoch though we run in the same circles. we both remembered the "racial" ruckus at triple crown over belinda and the american dude with the asian girl fetish and our famous tammy on the club platforms. oh well, strange twist of fate and we ended up as colleagues bout four years back at a local agency [and even stranger how things turned out through the years.]

i had my beer training from these two walking beer taps. erdinger, stella, heineken, tiger, whatever. and if its free flow, we're there mate. now how can i forget the pervyn MTV/ asia awards post parties? that was the first time i got real pissed since coming back to singapore. lemme see, it was at least 5 tequilas, 2 beers, some vodka lime and reds? was flat out on the sofa at HRC and i could still remember des telling ivan "hurry up, she's very heavy". hell. i was totally insulted even in my drunken stupor. and my girlish attempts at getting a pic with utt. hell. the things you do when you're drunk.

but that sure ain't beat ivan doing the ultimate silly by stuffing my 3-inch heels in my tote bag whilst i inched barefooted halfway into the lift at home.

"where're my shoes?"
"don't worry, i put them in your bag"
"WHATTTTTT? my shoes are dirty, how can you put them into my bag??? take them out take them out...ahyah...so dirty...*grumbles grumbles*"
"eh, she's not that drunk after all huh?" [ivan to des]

aww. but they're such sweeties. can you imagine sending a hysterical female dead weight home at 3am in the morning, notwithstanding fear from her dragon militant looking dad who might very well have skinned them alive for getting his only precious drunk and shoeless? my heroes!

here's a toast to my brave buddies!

btw, the B/W pic is busselton in winter. an illustration on the sheer magnificence of the bitter and lonely. how apt considering where we are now.

bee wrote this at 9:48 PM

0peekaboos

0peekaboos

Post a Comment