Wednesday, September 01, 2004

the personal is political

the phase was coined during the feminist movement in the 60s. our personal lives are not just a matter of personal preferences and choices but are moulded and defined by a broader political and social setting. my context of the phase will stray from the original intention above. instead, it teeters around the idea of how personal experiences and feelings can change my views of a certain object/ entity. how i detest anything in its semblance (the bloody logo, the uniform, the ads, the zip code area). i've also found myself adding as part of my itinerary this weekend to cancel my current service with this ISP provider and switch to another. it's personal. but yet its political in its own way. the horrifying experience of servicing this client has changed my impression of the brand entirely. each time someone mentions the brand, i will find myself involuntarily cringing in pain. and i find it hard loggin on to this network each time i'm home. the bitter sweet reminder of a sour relationship. yes. i'm a woman and THE PERSONAL matters.

bee wrote this at 9:16 AM

0peekaboos

0peekaboos

Post a Comment