Sunday, September 19, 2004

starbucks adventure


the bag story Posted by Hello

i'm usually spotted at my fav coffee joint every saturday morning catching up on my readings and writings. but have not been doing so lately due to the maddening work, calve leg hassles and my aunt's passing. so u can imagine my excitement (reminisient of a little girl looking forward to her favourite outing) when i finally had the time for coffee reading today. unfortunately the tea time crowd is a different story from the typical quiet morning paper reading expats. so hereforth is my starbucks adventure.

part 1: excuse me but my bag needs to sit too.
why oh why do idiots place their bags on chairs in crowded cafes? that always rile me up. where is the logic of placing an object on another object? don't you think someone else's butt deserves the chair more? after all, i'm sure your bag would forgive you for not letting it rest?!? place the damn louis vuitton on your lap for XXX's sake. the family across my table are classic morons. they made their daughter walk round the entire cafe and lug an extra chair for the pristine white bag as spied from my baby dimage. and the bag didn't even look like it was worth more than a hundred bucks. the nerve of these people.

part 2: father and son
if there's anything that can put a smile on my face after the bag family, it's definitely a sweet father and son moment. it's a rare occasion seeing a japanese father and son alone (without the mom). the boy was still half asleep as he licked the whipped cream off his frappucino. that's just so cute. too bad i had to stop looking cos his dad discovered me watching his boy and was watching me watch his son. it got real weird.

part 3: peeping toms
me and dad got distracted amidst a conversation on property when this middle aged well endowed ah lian stepped onto the escalator in the shortest pink lycra skirt possible. we couldn't help ourselves. we both took a peek as the escalator traveled upwards. alas. we weren't sitting next the rail and missed the opportunity of an excellent view of a certain ah lian's perky butt.

bee wrote this at 9:16 PM

0peekaboos

0peekaboos

Post a Comment