Sunday, October 17, 2004

THE DAY

i've always wanted to be my girlfriend's wedding planner. helping them select the best spas, giving them opinions on their wedding dress, sourcing the right music for the march, giving tips on make-up, recceing locations, brainstorming THE DAY themes, creative menus, invitations and mucking the perfect program rundown.

and it suddenly hit me why. why i so wanted to be part of their big day. cos pessimism has again blinded me and i foresee THE DAY might never come and i may end up alone and bitter. so the most remote chance for me to experience what a wedding's like is to volunteer myself for their BIG DAY. if i don't find the right person to celebrate a lifetime together, i might as well spend the rest of my life making my girlfriends happy whilst basking in the wedding vibes.

every little girl has dreamt of her prince charming [sue disney, they brainwashed us.] but dreams...that i have about my own someday. not the fancy ritz carlton bull but one lavish with personal touches. my bud tony used to, till this day, call me his "yuppie" mate. yes. i do enjoy the finer things in life and would rather spend a little more making this day special to the ones who've meant so much to me over the years as opposed to spending money inviting idiotic relatives whom i only see during CNY and funerals. sides, why would i invite shallow pain-in-the-asses who judge how successful my new husband is with the elaborate servings of endangered sharks fins and cash depleting abalones that night? nuff said. i digress.

what's my dream you may ask? i would love to have a garden party in the evening. toast champagne and red wine. listen to sax and trumpets. enjoy breezy outdoors. fill the tables with red roses. light up the nite with candles and lotus flowers. share my beloved boston mudcake. capture the memories with polaroids. share the first dance with pseudo master and watch him bawl his eyes out cos i'm no longer his little sweetie after this night.

for once in my life, i yearn for this weasy bit of stress. till then, i'm mighty happy lending two hands to the first friend who gets hitched. and i wish you happiness. not love cos sometimes love just ain't enough.

bee wrote this at 8:34 PM

2peekaboos

2peekaboos

At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh did you borrow that script from the wedding planner (jennifer lopez)? have you seen that movie? well it's exactly what you wrote.

museting.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger bee said...

er..no...i DON'T LIKE J LO lar. puhlease. she can't act for nuts. but i suppose most women have this fear, its inherent and we can't help ourselves. its like ally mcbeal too actually...now that you've mentioned it.

 

Post a Comment