Tuesday, April 26, 2005

the one with animations

sweetie asked me this last sunday before the screening of korean animation wonderful days (an excellent one by the way)

mak: "are we watching a cartoon?"
bee: "nope. it's an animation."

i wasn't able to explain in great detail to him about the vast difference between cartoons and animations except the latter's usually adult oriented and darker in terms of content (visions and idealism), delivery and style.

five min into the film's introduction...

mak: "i see. yes, it's not a cartoon"

will be giving ghost in the shell 2: innocence a miss this year by taking randy's advice to catch the in between series (only on DVDs/VCDs) before i watch the film's part 2. i marvel at the intelligence of anime directors and if an opportunity ever presents itself, i'll love to meet the master himself.

bee wrote this at 11:13 AM

15peekaboos

15peekaboos

At 8:24 PM, Blogger adrock2xander said...

What the...i just made a post on Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex...

It cannot be more uncanny...

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've been waiting forever for the fansubbed episode 20 of Ghost In The Shell: 2nd Gig!!!

*froths from the mouth*

Anyway, GitS 2: Innocence is beautiful, more introspective, but didn't surpass number one.

Plus, the actual GitS manga is even more slick (translated as Xtreme-Nerdy)

Oooh. I'll shuddup now. >_<

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger bee said...

yeah, heard from another bud GITS2 ain't as gd the first. nonetheless i'll still watch it one day.i'm too big a fan to miss this.
plus am excited cos they're showing an additional screening of appleseed (japanese anime). had to sell my tics for the original screening last sat cos of last min event. woo hoo! she's a happy girl now!!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger bee said...

to adrock2xander, haha! looks like we found another thing in common dude!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aiyer! They're reshowing Appleseed issit???

I missed the first wun coz I wasn't around.

WHERE? WHEN?! TELL ME ON ME BLOG KIWK!!!

Actually, I could just go to the webbie and check. :P

Wanna meet up, Ah-Ber?

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

*charters Concorde Jet*

Will MAKE IT...

Still, you haven't answered me last query.

Wanna meet up for the screening, Ah-Ber?

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

*rips tuffs of hair from scalp*

*Realise there aren't any tuffs of hair to rip*

*Screams impotently into the uncaring sky*

Alright. No need liao. Coz.

THERE ARE NO MORE TICKETS LIAO!!!

*Resumes impotent screaming into the jeering sky*

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Anyhoo. Just in case, you're wondering.

I am back.

With much less hair, of course.

But that's due to a highway accident.

*Flips the Heavens a bird*

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger bee said...

haha, u said to reply on your blog what! anyhow, i'll be there at starbucks before show starts 9.15pm see u there lar...:p

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

AIYER!!!

I can't get a ticket to watch Appleseed, how like that?!?

For that 105 minutes while you are enjoying yourself, what do I do then?

I can't slurp Starbucks caffeine for that long, and I need longer than that to beat the dolphin.

*SIGH*

See you at 7pm. I'll be extremely conspicuous.

I'll be balding and be wearing pink.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger bee said...

wait, left a message on your tagboard i'll be having dinner with my girlfrens before show and prob only get there by opps, before show starts 8.50pm? u mean tics are sold out already? they had tons yesterday when i booked over sistic!!!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Eeps! Anyhoo, I'll be meeting up with a couple of my old mates at Starbucks, so I'll be there stewing under their grilling.

At least there's a silver lining in all this, I don't have to be that conspicuous anymore, do I?

>_<

Not that I can do anything about me balding.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger bee said...

just shave your head lar. bald can be cool u know.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger bee said...

just shave your head lar. bald can be cool u know.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Eeks! Don't rub it in anymore!

Imagine! Repeating yourself just to drive in a point!

*skewered on Ah-Ber's bald-point pen*

Aaaarrrrggggghhhh....

*bleeds weakly into the uncaring ground*

...will...see...you...tomorrow...regardless...

 

Post a Comment