Sunday, September 11, 2005

when the children speak

When a terrorist’s hand grenade was hit by a bullet, he blew up and his brains hit me. It was all fatty and slippery.

i don’t believe in god. i believe in russia.

we had to drink pee, everyone was doing it cos we had no water.

i was hoping that harry potter would come. i remembered he had a cloak that made him invisible and he would come wrap me in it and we’ll escape.

we knew they would kill us, the only thing i wanted to see was my mum and then die.

we were thrown into a pile of bodies. it was hard to breathe and there were children beneath us.

i saw my mom and she was lying like this. he (terrorist) wouldn’t let me go back to her. [at some point, this boy's voice broke]

someone’s leg blew off. someone else’s head blew off. i was so frightened i ran away.

my mother taught me to survive in many ways. now she is dead. i missed her a lot and i still miss her because i know she’s never coming back.

in the past before the attack on my school, i used to play the terrorists (video game) because they had better weapons, now i prefer to play the cops. although their weapons aren’t so good, i simply like to kill terrorists now. when i dream, i dreamt about the gym and that i would turn into the iron man and kill all the terrorists. i thought that god was giving me another chance, so now i have changed and have become a good boy.

a footballer came to the hospital. they gave us 15,000 roubles. if an adult lost a child, they gave 20,000 roubles. i don’t understand how they can measure lives with money.

i used to be happy. but things have changed here. if I die, I die, I don’t care anymore.

and I said God please save us but he didn’t. He saved the ones that he could. He kept the best. The most beautiful ones died, the best children.


above were conversation snippets with children who survived the tragic three day school hostage crisis in beslan, southern russia in september 2004 (covered by BBC’s documentary) which ended in 331 deaths with half the dead being children.

bee wrote this at 11:51 PM

6peekaboos

6peekaboos

At 10:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I try hard not to get angry at this tragedy.

But I can't.

Sorry, Ah-Ber.

Guess the Pratas have to wait.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger bee said...

i try not to. there's nothing worse than to watching 8 yr old kids describe in graphic detail how they would like to kill the terrorists as they cry for the lost ones. apparently, they watched a female terrorist blew up in their face when she tried to get them some water. the "leader" held a trigger to all the terrorists who were strapped in grenades...sad...

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Terz said...

Beslan shouldn't have happened, but it did.

One of those things. And you wonder what ticks in the minds of those animals.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger bee said...

i wonder too.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I will stop them.

And that's why we have terrorists in our world.

People like me.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger bee said...

problem is, before you can get your words out, these morons would most likely have blown you and your entire apartment up to bits. that's how scary they are. a person with no fear of death is someone without thought or feelings.freaky!

 

Post a Comment